The Preliminary Twenty Day Notice, also known as the 20 Day Notice or Pre-Lien Notice, is a requirement for those working or supplying material or labor to a construction project. In Arizona especially, the failure to deliver the notice can be grounds for disciplinary proceedings.
To secure your lien rights for the duration of the project, the notice must be given by mailing the notice via first class mail sent with a certificate of mailing, registered or certified mail, postage prepaid in all cases, addressed to the person to whom notice is given at the person’s residence or business address within the first 20 days of commencing work or supplying material to the project.
The notice must adhere to the requirements set forth in the Arizona Revised Statutes.
Generally speaking the Preliminary 20 Day Notice must contain the following information:
- Reputed Owner or Public Entity
- Reputed Construction Lender or Lessee
- The direct contractor or reputed direct contractor to which the party provides work, either directly or through one or more subcontractors
- Your Company information
- A general description of the work to be provided
- An estimate of the total price of the work provided and to be provided
- The Address / Location of the building, structure or other work of Improvement
- The Name of the person to or for whom the work is provided, and the relationship of your company to this entity
Even if you don’t have all the above information, CNS will still be able to send a notice for you. Our team of researchers will look up and verify actual property ownership, financial lender information, bonding companies involved (if any), as well as the jobsite and general contractor information.
We will send your notice for $32.00 plus the postage and the notice will be sent to the property owner(s), general contractor, and financial lender(s) if there is one!
If you need help with your right to lien notice or aren’t sure where to begin, call CNS today!
CNS can process a notice for any city in Arizona including: Phoenix, Tucson, Mesa, Chandler, Scottsdale, Glendale, Gilbert, Tempe, Peoria, Surprise, Yuma, San Tan Valley, Avondale, Goodyear, Flagstaff, Casas Adobes, Buckeye, Casa Grande, Lake Havasu City, Catalina Foothills, Maricopa, Marana, Prescott Valley, Oro Valley, Sierra Vista!