HOW TO PROPERLY SEND A NOTICE OF RIGHT TO LIEN OR 31 DAY PRELIMINARY NOTICE IN NORTH LAS VEGAS
Nevada Notice of Right to Lien, also known as 31 Day Preliminary Notice or Pre-Lien Notice, is often a requirement for those working or supplying material or labor to a construction project. In Nevada especially, the failure to deliver the notice can be grounds for disciplinary proceedings.
To secure your lien rights for the duration of the project, the notice must be delivered in person or by certified mail to the owner of the property and to the prime contractor within the first 31 days of commencing work or supplying material to the project.
With North Las Vegas being located in Nevada, the notice must adhere to the requirements set forth in the Nevada Revised Statutes.
Generally speaking the Right to Lien Notice must contain the following information:
- Reputed Owner or Public Entity
- Reputed Construction Lender or Lessee
- The direct contractor or reputed direct contractor to which the party provides work, either directly or through one or more subcontractors
- Your Company information
- A general description of the work to be provided
- An estimate of the total price of the work provided and to be provided
- The Address / Location of the building, structure or other work of Improvement
- The Name of the person to or for whom the work is provided, and the relationship of your company to this entity
Even if you don’t have all the above information, CNS will still be able to send a notice for you. Our team of researchers will look up and verify actual property ownership, financial lender information, bonding companies involved (if any), as well as the jobsite and general contractor information.
If you need help with your right to lien notice or aren’t sure where to begin, call CNS today!